The Shlichut Program
Shlichut Program – Your Israel Connection
The Shlichut program meets the interest of both Jews and non-Jews about Israel through a variety of outreach efforts.
- Lectures and presentations in churches, civic organizations, universities, public and private schools throughout Oklahoma.
- Teaching courses at the Institute of Adult Jewish Studies and Midrasha.
- Making presentations in the Jewish community, including Congregation B’nai Emmunah, Temple Israel, and the CSJCC’s Retired Men’s Club.
- Participating in special events, most notably, ShalomFest, KidsWorld, and the International Fair at Tulsa Community College.
- Festival Israel – an ambitious way for Tulsa to mark Israeli Memorial Day (Yom Hazikaron) and Israel’s Independence Day (Yom Ha-Atzmaut). More than 2000 Jewish and non-Jewish Tulsans come to Zarrow Campus to commemorate those who gave their lives in defense of Israel, and then to celebrate her independence during an afternoon of food, culture, entertainment, and activities.
- Numerous cultural and educational community events. These include the Israeli Scholar-in-Residence program.
Interested in information about Israel?
Contact Shiri ~ 918.495.1100 or at firstname.lastname@example.org