The Shlichut Program
Shlichut Program – Your Israel Connection
Edna Lapidot is the Shlicha for the Jewish and Tulsa community.
The Shlichut program meets the interest of both Jews and non-Jews about Israel through a variety of outreach efforts.
- Lectures and presentations in churches, civic organizations, universities, public and private schools throughout Oklahoma.
- Teaching courses at the Institute of Adult Jewish Studies and Midrasha.
- Making presentations in the Jewish community, including Congregation B’nai Emmunah, Temple Israel, and the CSJCC’s Retired Men’s Club.
- Participating in special events, most notably, ShalomFest, KidsWorld, and the International Fair at Tulsa Community College.
- Festival Israel – an ambitious way for Tulsa to mark Israeli Memorial Day (Yom Hazikaron) and Israel’s Independence Day (Yom Ha-Atzmaut). More than 2000 Jewish and non-Jewish Tulsans come to Zarrow Campus to commemorate those who gave their lives in defense of Israel, and then to celebrate her independence during an afternoon of food, culture, entertainment, and activities.
- Numerous cultural and educational community events. These include the Israeli Scholar-in-Residence program.
Interested in information about Israel?
Contact Edna ~ 918.495.1100 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
972 Brown Bag Club
Bring your own lunch, enjoy a taste of Turkish coffee and other Israeli snacks and share a friendly discussing on Israeli related issues. We will talk about current affairs, learn basic conversational Hebrew or use multimedia to leverage a light discussion. A surprise for every get-together. CSJCC members are welcome as well as Federation and JCC staff. Free for everyone. First Tuesday of the month at the Charles Schusterman JCC. For more information, call Edna, 918.495.1100 or e-mail.